800 West North Street
Moravia, IA 52571
Open: First weekend in June, July, August, September or by Appointment
Phone: 641-724-3736; 641-724-3571; 641-895-0288
The Wabash Combination Depot was built on the north side of West North Street in 1903. When in use, it served the Wabash Railroad. The Queen Anne style building is an example of the rural combination station plan and one of only two such buildings remaining in Iowa. The plan combined all railroad services from passengers to freight in one building.
In 1975 the depot was moved to the south side of the street when it was donated to the Moravia Historical Society for use as a museum. The museum features railroad artifacts and a restored railroad section car.
Also located on the property is the Fairview Church, an old summer kitchen and an old fashioned garden.
There is also a public restroom on site.
The depot building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999 as a part of the Advent & Development of Railroads in Iowa.