Water and sewer services are provided by the City of Moravia.
- Bills are mailed on the 1st of each month and are due by the 25th
- Minimum monthly charge is $38.30 for water & $31.50 for sewer plus applicable taxes for 4000 gallons/month. Over 4000 gallons per month is $6.56 per 1000 gallons for water and sewer is as follows:
- 12,001-14,000 gallons per quarter @ $7 per 1,000 gallons
- 14,001-19,000 gallons per quarter @ $6 per 1,000 gallons
- 19,001-98,000 gallons per quarter @ $5 per 1,000 gallons
- Over 98,000 gallons per quarter @ $4 per 1,000 gallons
- Complete utility application at City Hall
- Deposit of $150 required from every new service water customer (both renters and homeowners)
- Non-refundable hook-up fee of $300 required. If driver’s license/state-issued ID and social security card are provided and provided the City has not previously had more than one shut off notice for the same customer or provided the City has not been left with an unpaid balance from the customer in the past or provided the City has not pursued collection actions on the customer, the non-refundable hook-up fee is reduced to $150.
- There is a charge for water and sewer hookups for new construction. The city superintendent will monitor and approve.
View Moravia’s Consumer Confidence Report at: